- Obama speech on fighting climate change with Clean Power Plan
- Let the environment guide our development (TED talk by Johan Rockstrom)
- Plan B 4.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization
- Johan Rockström, Talkshow/Podcast from Swedish Radio about the challenges we are facing from climate change.
- How to rehabilitate large-scale damaged ecosystems
- What is resilience? (Stockholm Resilience Centre [5 Mb])
- Trends in Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide (measurements of the CO2)
- Al Gore – The case for optimism on Climate change
- The “Do The Math” Movie
- Why buses represent democracy in action (TED talk by Enrique Peñalosa)
- Wind could meet many times world’s total power demand by 2030 (Stanford Report)
- Circular economy as described by Ellen MacArthur Foundation and by Wikipedia
- About the Go Fossil Free movement
- Zero Carbon Britain report (executive summary)
- EWG’s Clean Fifteen and Dirty Dozen shopping lists
- Better Growth, Better Climate. The New Climate Economy Report
- Beyond the Anthropocene, speech at Word Economic Forum by Johan Rockstrom
Green Gold – Documentary by John D. Liu. “It’s possible to rehabilitate large-scale damaged ecosystems.” Environmental film maker John D. Liu documents large-scale ecosystem restoration projects in China, Africa, South America and the Middle East, highlighting the enormous benefits for people and planet of undertaking these efforts globally.
The carbon dioxide measurements were started by C. David Keeling of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in Mauna Loa in March of 1958. They constitute the longest record of direct measurements of CO2 in the atmosphere.
The investments to shift to a low carbon economy is almost the same as those investments we will make anyway.
In just five decades, we have transitioned from being small world on a big planet to a big world on a small planet. Johan Rockström, Executive Director, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Sweden, explains at WEF why we should be concerned about tipping points and how we can embrace the challenge of seeing opportunities in the necessary transformation towards global sustainability. He ends his speech explaining why we need an exponential DECREASE of fossil fuel usage.
- Earth Policy Institute, http://www.earth-policy.org/
- Stockholm Resilience Centre, http://stockholmresilience.org/
- IPCC – Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, http://ipcc.ch/
- 350.org, http://350.org/
- Zero Carbon Britain, http://www.zerocarbonbritain.org
- Avaaz, a global web movement to bring people-powered politics to decision-making everywhere, http://www.avaaz.org/en/index.php
- Eaarth, by Bill McKibben, http://www.billmckibben.com/eaarth/eaarthbook.html
- World on the Edge, Lester R. Brown, download book free, buy book
- Plan B 4.0, Mobilizing to save Civilization, Lester R. Brown, download book free, buy book
- Full Planet, Empty Plates: The New Geopolitics of Food Scarcity, Lester R. Brown, buy book
- Home, film by Yannus Bertrand, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU